Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas 2016

Christmas Day 2016 was a super day - we had a wonderful time with our family, lots of yummy food, laughter and fun times.

These crochet Christmas puddings were the last of my 2016 gifts, the last few finished a few days before Christmas. The pattern I used can be found here.


We have a few little family traditions at Christmas time, including hubby taking his girls out to lunch on Christmas Eve,


 new pyjamas for Hannah on Christmas Eve,

and a drive around town looking at Christmas lights.





Christmas morning we were up bright and early to see what Santa had left and other pressies were opened too.



Then it was time to catch up with Glenn's family for breakfast and have another round of opening presents with Hannah's cousins.



The rest of the day was spent at my aunty and uncle's in Palmerston North, where we had a get together with some of my Mum's side of the family.




We had our Christmas meal about 2pm followed by dessert.




The males in my family are not very photo obliging, lol, except for hubby!


Since Boxing Day, the weather has been hot hot hot so we've been spending a lot of time outside and in the pool.


Hannah was just thrilled with the trampoline we got her for Christmas.


 The weather turned showery and cold yesterday so a perfect time to head off to the movies to see "Trolls" which we both really enjoyed, groovy music!


Over the past few days I've also started the annual sort through of cupboards, wardrobes, etc and this afternoon the Christmas decorations have been put away.  DH has been busy working outside on his latest project, a new pergola by our swimming pool.


In a few days time we head away on our annual trip to Lake Taupo, which we're all looking forward to so much. Hannah is all set with her new rash suit and board!


I'll be back soon to share some of the lovely gifts I received from friends, and also a few gifts I can now reveal.

See you soon xx

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh what a beautiful Christmas you had!

Andrea said...

Looks and sounds like a few fun-filled days. I took the decorations down yesterday - I know you're not supposed to, but I do! - and I've been starting to have a sort through of things while I'm off for a few days.

Elizabeth said...

It certainly looks like you have had a great Christmas Katrina. I spent yesterday tidying and decluttering cupboards. Two large bags ready to take to the op shop. Enjiy your time in Taupo. Hapoy New Year to you, Glenn and Hannah from John and I

Unknown said...

Sunshine and warm weather on Christmas Day - how wonderful! The photos with all your family are lovely. My girls and I enjoyed 'Trolls', too, especially the music. Enjoy your holiday and a very happy New Year to you and your family! x

Bethan said...

What a lovely Christmas. Thanks for sharing your photos! Trolls is such an enjoyable movie. Happy New Year to you.

Julie said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Katrina.
Gosh Hannah is growing up so quickly - very much a young lady now.
Hope the weather improves fro your time in Taupo.

Maggee said...

What a great time you had, with family and more family! Loved all the pictures you shared! We are about to be in a blizzard here, so seeing how nice and warm it is there warmed my heart! Have a great vacation! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...